Monday, December 29, 2008

Labor and Delivery Visit # 1

Well it all started last night around 6. I ate supper, felt some hard contractions, took at bath and drank some water, felt lots of contractions while in the tub, but didn't have a clock. I decided that was enough and needed to go see how far apart they actually were. 3 mins apart for one hour. So mom came over to check me and I was a little thinned and fingertip, finally they slowed down to every 20 mins. I decided to call my doctor and get an appointment at 1:45 today. I go in and we were told my doctor had to do a c-section but would be done in an hour. So I explain everything to the nurse, mind you I have still been having contractions every 15 mins. since I woke up, She checks my iron levels which are a little low no big deal, does the beta strep, blood pressure, urine, and hooks me up to measure my contractions . NOTHING!!! So I thought they must think I am crazy and a liar. But my doctor came in and said lets check you. Sure enough I was 2cm and 50% effaced and -1 station. I then was admitted for more monitoring in Labor and Delivery. I had a wonderful nurse who would leave me for maybe 5 mins and then come back and ask how I was and check Chloe's heart rate which never dropped during my contractions. Yes within the time it took for us to drive over a parking lot and get in a room I was having contractions. So I wasn't crazy. They were every 2 mins and then there were some big mama ones. After an hour I got a shot of Brethen? and praise God the contractions slowed down and I didn't have a reaction to the meds. It can cause high heart rate, nervousness, and Chloe's heart rate could go up. But none of this happened. My doctor came in at 5:30 told me I could go home with a prescription of Brethen? and take it up to 36 weeks. I go back next Tuesday for a check up and we will see from there. Please pray for Chloe to stay in for a little while longer and if she really can't wait then to please pray that her lungs and anything else is developed where she will not have to spend any nights at the hospital other than the one we have to stay there for. I will keep this updated with any news if any should happen. Thanks for the prayers!! And thanks to MawMaw and MeMe for watching Liam while we had to do all of this. I love having so many grandparents here to take care of us. Love ya'll

2 comments:

Kristi said...

You are lucky that the Brethen didn't make you feel horrible. It made me feel worse than just the contractions. You have 5 more days then she should be good to go. I just heard on the news that a baby was born 2 days before Christmas in California and weighed 14 pounds 2 ounces, not to make you panic or anything! I am sure Chloe isn't that big!!! Take it easy the next few days.

Kristi said...

You are lucky that the Brethen didn't make you feel horrible. It made me feel worse than just the contractions. You have 5 more days then she should be good to go. I just heard on the news that a baby was born 2 days before Christmas in California and weighed 14 pounds 2 ounces, not to make you panic or anything! I am sure Chloe isn't that big!!! Take it easy the next few days.